The following house rules will be used.
- Characters may NOT use Combat Maneuvers to make an Attack of Opportunity. Only basic attacks are allowed.
- Detect Alignment abilities and spells are not allowed.
- Combatants will receive a cumulative -4 penalty each time after the first time they use the same Combat Maneuver against a target. This includes grapple checks to maintain the grapple or pin the opponent.
- Characters are only allowed to have a maximum of six levels of Core, Base, and/or Prestige classes. Beyond level six, characters are only allowed to take levels in the special Civilian character class.
- Experience will be awarded at a rate one per hour spent working at a profession, craft, or job. Characters cannot receive more than eight experience per day from working.
If a player begins playing after the start of the campaign they may create a character that is one level lower than the party’s average level up to level 6. Characters that die, retire, or are otherwise replaced by the player should also be replaced with a character that is one level lower than the party’s average level.
Ability Scores will be purchased using the High Fantasy starting ability points (CRB 16) with maximum first level hit points.
The Races from the Core Rules Human, Dwarf, Halfling, Elf, Gnome, Half Orc and Half Elf are allowed. The alternate racial traits (APG 10-23) from the Advanced Players Guide are allowed, but no character may replace more than one racial trait.
Class selection is limited to Barbarian, Bard, Cavalier, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Inquisitor, Monk, Oracle, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard, and Mundane. Any class not appearing in this list must be approved by the DM.
Favored Class options are not allowed. All characters must take the additional skill point per level option. (CRB 31)
Traits from the Advanced Players Guide will NOT be used.
Equipment may be purchased from the Core Rule Book equipment list. (CRB 140-156) Starting gold is equal to the average starting gold listed for the character class times their level.
Feats from the Core Rules and Advanced Players Guide are allowed. Feats from other sources require DM approval.
Evil characters are not allowed.
Deities from the Core Rules, Mythology, or other sources will not be used. The World of Scurvy has its own Religion known as the Noven. Please consult the rules regarding the Noven, false gods, and universal clerics before making a religious themed character.
There are Social Expectations beyond creating a character the player should be aware of. Players who repeatedly break these expectations will be asked to leave the group.
- Players are expected to be polite, friendly, and respectful of one another.
- Cheating will not be tolerated.
- All language, descriptions, and actions should be PG-13. We’re playing in a public place and small children, little old ladies, and other easily offended people may be present.
- Character verses character activities such as combat, theft, and sabotage are strongly discouraged.